Wednesday, March 17, 2010

peace.love. and. politics.


One week until I leave for Washington D.C.!

It's my first trip to the Capitol, and I'm counting down the days 'til our plane leaves with great anticipation.

Late last semester, I got the opportunity to join the UH Honors College Model Arab League team. As we represent Iraq, I've gotten a chance to learn more about politics and foreign policy in Arab nations. As a member of the Iraqi environmental committee, there has been some interesting finds in my research regarding water problems and energy alternatives for the Middle East. Best of all, it's been helpful in me developing a more global view of politics.


Besides the conference, it will also be fun to tour the capital and hang out with fellow delegates and good friends :))

Tonight, I am attending a dinner with some fellow UH honors students to hear the former Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, speak on "The World and American Leadership".
I'm so glad to have the opportunity to hear from a potential 2012 presidential candidate. Spring break has given me some free time to do a little research on the 2012 arena for possible presidential candidates. Research is pretty much one of my favorite things to do; it's a little bit of my academic life I can do wherever and whenever!

No comments: