Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Monday!

After two weeks of school, I think I've finally got the hang of my schedule. Honors English is making me rethink my studying/ homework scheduling, but other than that, it feels a lot like last semester!

This semester, I have a new Spanish teacher. I end up being very disappointed with the teacher I had last semester, she was very passionate about the Spanish language, but wasn't a patient teacher. Over the last couple of weeks I've been able to observe the methods and teaching ideas of my new teacher and I'm really excited about learning Spanish in the less-stressful environment of her class. Spanish is her second language and she's a lot more understanding when you don't immediately "get it". We did some review from last semester and I really was happy about how much I still understood after almost a month of not studying it. Another neat thing is my class mates: a friend from my history co-op is also in the class, Allison(not to be confused with my sister!) is also a dual-credit student, I'm so excited to have her to hang out with! Also there are another girl that I was friends with from last semester who is also in the class.

Honors English is lots of homework, but I LOVE the in-class discussions! We've been working through some essays on education and I'm learning so much. The class is very small, only 9 students and it's really motivating to be in a class where I'm challenged! The most surprising part of class is the fact that there are 2 other dual-credit home schooled students! 1/3 of the class is home schooled! Needless to say I'm very comfortable in the class. :c)

Chris is also doing well in his class. He has the same teacher as I did last semester and he's already starting to work on his first major paper!

In other things...

Allyson is training for the Rodeo Run. This race is one of the events that kicks off the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. She'll be running the 5K, we also have some friends from church( including Melissa!) running in the 10K! Good luck guys!

Track season is starting up for Allyson, so she plans on doing a lot of running this spring!

Today, Chris informed me that they were planning to build a Starbucks in the Randalls were he works! I'm soooo excited. Right now, there is no Starbucks on the way to school and I would have to go waaaay out of my way to get to one. This is very convenient!
Starbucks is a favorite of mines, but I try not indulge too often.


as far as the east is from the west,
so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

- Psalm 103:12

Be blessed!

Love, Adrienne Renea

1 comment:

J-Wall said...

You and your Starbucks! ;) Estoy feliz que te gusta tu profesora de Español este semestre más que la del semestre pasado.