Monday, November 10, 2008

School Planning

I can't believe it!

Just a month 'til school ends. I have been enjoying my time at Cy-Fair. There have been some late nights study and some bombed tests, but over all my grades are pretty good.

Today I registered for the Spring Semester. It looks like I will be taking:


  • Environmental Science I

  • Intro to Political Science (yay!)

  • U.S. History II

  • Intro to World Religions

  • Principles of Sociology

16 hours! I'm excited, I get to take a lot more classes I'm interested in and no more math!! woot!


Also I'm taking a Christmas mini-mester class, US Gov't II, that is 3 weeks. It'll keep me busy, but it's such a short period of time, I'm not too worried!

Chris is also doing well in his college classes. And he recently got accepted to UH where he plans to study engineering.
About a week ago, the three oldest and mom attended a preview day at UH. Chris and I put in our application for admission and later on we picked up our acceptance letters.

We got a chance to tour the campus and listen to information on our prospective majors. I attended a session about the Political Science dept. I got a list of course descriptions and learned more about some of their programs. Then, I went to a session about the Honors College and I was extremely impressed! They have some very awesome programs that you can do in conjunction with a Political Science Major. Some of the other pluses are it's small size and they have special dorms. So I'm working on applying there now. I'm really excited about going to UH and I liked the campus and really enjoyed meeting the people in the Honors college.


So my current plans are to graduate from Cy-Fair with my Associate of Arts by the end of next summer and attend UH in the fall of 2009. I'm hoping to major in Political Science and minor in Phronesis(a special Honors College minor). I'm pretty excited, but I am still praying that God would direct me on the path he would have me to go. He is an awesome God who I want to glorify no matter what path I take!


I love this verse!


For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Jeremiah 29:10-12

Love, Adrienne Renea

1 comment:

J-Wall said...

I'm glad you were able to get all the classes you wanted! Hope you enjoy them so much, 16 hours feels like nothing. ;) I'm in a pickle about next semester... I registered for the classes I wanted, but when they posted the teachers I discovered they were two teachers I've been trying to avoid! So I can possibly try to take some of my classes at the North Harris campus, but I also might want to audit somebody's class and blah blah blah... hopefully I can get it worked out before the holidays. Who wants to stress about that?