Friday, May 29, 2009

where does one begin?

Ok, let me apologize: I was sooo going to update for during the conference...but I accidentally deleted the number that I was suppose to send my text too. :/

So I get to give you a full "after-the-fact" update. Over several days maybe?

I was very blessed by my time at Next. God revealed things to me from messages by Josh Harris, CJ Mahaney, D.A. Carson, Kevin DeYoung, and Sinclair Ferguson. But that wasn't all, through the breakout sessions by Dave Harvey, Jared Mellinger, and Carolyn McCulley...the learning and blessing continued. As I interacted with people at the conference: God revealed my need to rest in HIS plans and revealed sins that I will be looking to be held accountable for.

God was also gracious to deepen my desire for heaven and eternity. I long for the day when Christ will call those he has saved home. I pray that this will further a passion in me for the Lost and that my boldness to declare Christ to those around me would be evident.

No words can describe the feeling that you get when you are around so many strong young brothers and sisters-in-Christ for four days. I can't help but see it as a small taste of how heaven will be.
These are just a few thoughts. I will be posting more in upcoming days. I'll leave you with a few pictures:




More coming soon!

Love, Adrienne Renea

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.