Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Goodness!!

Yes, that was my reaction to the realization of my total and utter neglect of my blog!
So here it goes my first post since, like forever!

I've been have a sorta leisurely summer. There were a couple of courses that didn't get finished this spring and I'm finally taking finals for them this week. Schoolwork in the summer is no fun and my motivation to get them done is quite pathetic!
*makes note to self: 'don't do that again next year!'*

Allyson, Chris, Taylor and Michael also had some school to finish, Chris is now done, but Allyson, Taylor and Michael still are finishing up.

I've registered to take two dual-credit courses at Cy-Fair College , English and Spanish. I'm looking forward to the different atmosphere and I hope to get involved with some of the campus activities. At home I'll be taking Anatomy and Consumer Math(blech!).

I'm still not sure about my speech and debate plans this year. I know Allyson and Chris still want to continue, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. This year Team Policy is debating Illegal Immigration and Lincoln-Douglas, Isolationism. The presidential primaries are coming up and I hope to get involved in some way, I'm still researching my candidates,, but I hope to help some way politically this fall. I know I probably won't have time for that and debate. We will see!!


I'm really looking forward to this weekend!!!! I am headed to Fusion '07.
Fusion '07 is a Regional meeting of 4 Sovereign Grace churches in Texas. There will be awesome worship, instructional teaching, and wonderful fellowship with other Sovereign Grace churches!! We arrive on Friday at Baylor University and the conference continues 'til Sunday afternoon. We get to stay on campus in the dorms and eat cafeteria food! I can't wait! I've been preparing my heart for this time by reading my favorite( after the Bible!) about the Gospel:The Cross-Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney

I know God will bless our time there and I pray that I come back with a greater understanding of the Gospel and a greater passion for Christ!


Dad went out of town and brought Taylor back a Lamb Chops Doll.



Isn't it cute??!! Growing up, I watched Lamb Chops Play Along all the time!

And this song was a classic:



I'll be posting pictures and an update on my trip when I get back I hope I can get back into the groove of consistent blogging!

I pray you have a blessed rest of the week!

Love, Adrienne Renea


Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Keep my eyes fixed on you, Lord!

1 comment:

J-Wall said...

Look forward to seeing ya at Cy-Fair this fall! And I haven't seen Lamb Chop in forever. I still sing that song though. ;D Classic.